We’re recruiting – Discovery Centre Assistant
Job Title – Discovery Centre Assistant
Location – Tomintoul & Glenlivet Discovery Centre, The Square, Tomintoul
Tomintoul & Glenlivet Discovery Centre is an exciting new attraction in Tomintoul. The centre which has been fully refurbished provides visitors with a modern interpretation of our communities natural and cultural heritage and is the first port of call for visitor information and advice. The centre will include a digital community archive, a Virtual Reality experience and displays telling the stories of our communities and highlighting the best things to see and do. The centre depends on volunteer help, donations and income generated through retail and other means to sustain itself.
The role of Tomintoul & Glenlivet Discovery Centre Assistant will support the successful operation of the Discovery Centre to an agreed set of business indicators. This will involve stock control and ordering, customer service skills and experience, cash handling experience. A creative and entrepreneurial streak and ability to identify and maximise business opportunities would be an advantage.
- Support volunteers helping run the centre with training, advice and by creating a welcoming and inclusive environment
- Provide outstanding customer service and inspirational advice to visitors to the area to ensure we exceed their expectations
- Provide information about the local heritage and signpost visitors to other local sites of interest
- Keep the Discovery Centre clean and maintained, reporting health & safety issues and main maintenance tasks to management
- Support in the retail development; undertaking stock control, merchandising and promotion of products to increase retail spend
Line management will be to the Development Manager. Expected start date is around 15/07/19 and the contract will be awarded for a fixed term until 27/10/19.
To apply please download a job description and application pack or for an informal chat about the role call Oli Giles on 07787436837
Expected hours are 10 – 16hrs per week additional hours may be available and weekend and Bank Holiday working will be required
Salary – £8.21 per hour
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm Monday 1st July 2019
No experience is necessary to apply for the position of Discovery Centre Assistant but retail and customer service skills and a willingness to work weekends would be an advantage.
The position is open to anyone and will be awarded on the basis of merit and suitability but we’d be particularly interested to receive applications from young people.